Dear all,

At a recent Linked Art meeting we discussed how to model “find events”, and S19
and O19 were agreed upon as the correct modeling constructs.  We also discussed
why S19 is an “encounter” rather than a “find” or “discovery”, as is very well
described in the scope notes for the class.

However, the properties of S19 would benefit from some attention towards
consistency.  If S19 is encountering, then it seems counterproductive to have
O19 as being “has found object” and O21 “has found at”, undoing all the good
culturally sensitive work of explained in S19.

I would propose that O19 and 21 be relabeled to “encountered object (was object
encountered by)” and “encountered at (witnessed encounter)”.

Many thanks for your consideration,

Rob

--
Dr. Robert Sanderson,  Semantic Architect  |  Getty Digital  |
getty.edu<http://getty.edu/>