[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Personally I prefer the java editor's interface, though issues with java have
caused me very major headaches (i.e. on one 2GHZ computer it runs unuseably slow
for no apparent reason, whereas it runs perfectly fine on a very similarly set
up 400MHZ computer). In the past I have been considering trying to write an
editor in python using pygtk (GTK2). I'm currently thinking that it may not be
the best place to spend resources compared to working on the main server and
client, however it would make an improvement in my opinion. I personally think
that the best ways to go about making a new editor would be with useing
python/pygtk and packing existing C loading code and such into a C extension for
python, or making one in C/GTK2.

 I haven't played much with python/pygtk.

 But with c/gtk2, one could use glade to pretty quickly do all the layout
design.

However, I still think it would be better to put work into improving the java editor vs writing a new one.