Hello.

> However, traveling by ship is currently free and instantaneous. It's as
> easy as using a magic portal: step on and press 'a' to teleport
> somewhere else. I think this discourages foot travel and devalues
> exploration outside of cities. Other transport cost money, so shouldn't
> ships cost money too?

Rather than putting more money, wouldn't it be funnier to have ships be usable
only after the player completed some deed? Like saving a princess, solving
enigma, or such?

So the first time she wants to get eg to Navar from Scorn, she must travel.

If she's smart she'll become a hero in Navar and be authorized to board the
ships.

Of course that requires to write some quests for that :)

Regards

Nicolas
--
Mon p'tit coin du web - http://nicolas.weeger.org