I'm interested in changing the server to replace tracking of permanent experience with tracking of total experience.  This would work out to be almost exactly the same, except it eliminates any rounding.  For example, if you had some skill (say hiding) that always gave out 1xp at a time, you would never be able to have permanent experience exceed 50% of the high-water mark on current experience (or whatever percentage threshold you're using).

I have this working on my Crowcastle server, but I want to clean up the patch a bit before pushing it, and I want to check if anyone has any objections to this design change.  I'll have it so that if it loads a character with perm_exp, it will adjust it up to the total_exp value that gives the same effective perm_exp, so it should be a transparent upgrade.

Any thoughts?