I was doing some testing, and I found several basic alchemy formulas never showed up in books (mercury, philosophical oil, and philosophical salt).  After a lot of digging, I found that this accounted for a chance of 30, and there are 30 chance-1 formulas near the end of the file that aren't getting added to the total correctly.  This is because in recipe.c, it adds the chance to the total_chance when it reads the ingredients, but on those 30 formulas, the chance is listed in the file after the ingredients.

While we could say the bug is in the formula file for putting the entries in the wrong order, it would seem like the right fix is to change recipe.c to not care about the order.  I think trying to set the total_chance field as we parse the file is wrong, and we should scan the lists at the end to set the value.