From: Crosswalk-dev <crosswalk-dev-boun...@lists.crosswalk-project.org> on
behalf of Piotr Dyraga <pi...@ontheserverside.com>
Date: Monday, 5 December 2016 at 16.39
To: "<crosswalk-dev@lists. org>" <crosswalk-dev@lists.crosswalk-project.org>
Subject: [Crosswalk-dev] Feature idea: integrating
cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview with cordova-plugin-splashcreen

Hey,

I am integrating Crosswalk Lite with Cordova application using
cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview plugin and want to get rid of “Decompressing
the Crosswalk Project Service…” dialogue on the first application start.
Browsing various threads I see it’s a recurring pain point for many projects.
What would you say about altering cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview to show
splash screen (if generated) instead? I guess that most cordova projects use
cordova-plugin-splashscreen that generates splashcreen for all devices in “res”
 directory. This could be configured with some flag in config.xml if needed.

I am not sure if this dialogue is hardcoded in Crosswalk itself or in the
plugin and I am not sure if there is a way to alter this behaviour at all. The
only reference I found is
https://github.com/crosswalk-project/crosswalk/blob/e3259b966dcedd18dc456b8cc97cd1a52aad58ea/runtime/android/core/strings/xwalk_app_strings.grd
and
https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-3475

Alternatively, is there any way to skip LZMA compression for Lite so that this
dialogue does not show up? I am more interested in having lite version of
Crosswalk in my project than concerned about apk size. I find Lite version
faster on many devices, especially with translate3d transformations than
mainstream Crosswalk.

Thanks,
Piotr
Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki