> It would be useful to know how the performance has degraded between 19 and
> 23. Can you share any more details on the application, possibly in a Jira
> issue?

The codebase that I work on is implemented in a way not allowing me to extract
this part to a separate application, but it’s all about translate3d operations.
If you have a number of animations done with translate3d in your app and run it
on 19 and 23, you’ll notice that they are displayed much smoother on previous
version. I didn’t notice any memory issues or CPU spikes, it all looks similar
between 19 and 23, but still, animation is clearly smoother on 19.

> Making LZMA compression optional makes sense I think, though I can’t say if
> and when it would be available.

Or make the plugin display splash screen from `res` directory (generated by
cordova-plugin-splashcreen), if available.
Disabling LZMA looks simpler for implementing as the first step, just to
alleviate the pain with this alert. Splash screen can be next step in future if
you think it’s sensible solution.

Should I create JIRA feature ticket for it?

Thanks,
Piotr