I see that cryptodev supports AEAD mode with GCM but are there any plans to add
AEAD support for generic cipher/hash modes? Some crypto hardware support these
modes and it would be nice to have access to it via the userspace API.

At a first glance I was thinking we could add new entries to the ENUM for
common modes like AES_CBC_HMAC_SHA1 that then get picked up and initialized
accordingly in the ioctl routines. From there though the rest of your AEAD
support should be the same as if we're running GCM or equivalent.

Any ideas?

Tom