On 2015-05-28 13:12, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 12:06 PM, Gordan Bobic <gor...@bobich.net> wrote:
Does that mean it is not a 0-copy related problem?
In fact, I can confirm the problem is not at all related to mv_cesa.
I just unloaded the mv_cesa driver which means that with cryptodev
it will be the kernel doing the AES using the generic kernel
driver. And ssh still fails with that when an offloadable algorithm
is being used. So the problem is almost certainly somewhere in the
OpenSSL <-> cryptodev interaction.

The openssl cryptodev support is broken and that is mentioned in the
readme of cryptodev.
It requires applying at least the patches from:
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/191

and I have no idea whether that would be sufficient in their current
releases. I haven't followed up for quite some time.

Thanks for the hint. I have adapted the patches for the version of
OpenSSL that ships with my distro (EL6). I have kicked off the
rebuild so will know in a few hours whether it worked.

Thanks for your input, most appreciated. :)

Gordan