On Feb 21, 2009, at 10:26 PM, Charlie Kaufman wrote:

Assuming that's true, OTP tokens add costs by introducing new failure modes (e.g.,
I lost it, I ran it through the washing machine, etc.)

Or even more surprising hazards.

http://home.fnal.gov/~crawdad/CryptoCard.jpg

The token on the left in that picture was issued in 2003 by postal mail to a Sloane Digital Sky Survey collaborator at the US Naval Observatory. All incoming packages were subjected to high doses of electron and x-ray radiation, as it is also the residence of the Vice President.

On the right is the normal appearance of the token and its holder.