At the moment we provide wheels for:

- x86_64, arm64 Linux
- x86_64 Darwin
- x86_64, x86_32 Windows

The primary constraint on our ability to add new wheel platforms is
our ability to have reliable, performant, CI for them. We will not
distribute wheels for any platform we can't test against. If you're
aware of a CI provider that meets those needs for armv6, S/390, etc.
we'd be eager to consider them.

At any rate, those platforms are all supported (at various tiers) by
upstream Rust: https://doc.rust-lang.org/beta/rustc/platform-support.html
so anyone able to build cryptography for armv6 or S/390 now should be
able to install the rust toolchain and then build.

As I said at the top, we're happy to do the work to make this as
smooth a transition as practicable (and indeed, we've done work to
improve setuptools-rust, add abi3 support to pyo3, make Rust available
in RTD, etc.), but we're not simply going to stop these efforts:
Language level memory safety is not negotiable.

Alex

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 1:00 PM Michael Ströder via Cryptography-dev
<cryptography-dev@python.org> wrote:

> On 1/12/21 6:23 PM, Alex Gaynor wrote:
> > As ever, our wheels (which are how the vast majority of our users
> > install pyca/cryptography) will not require any compiler or build
> > toolchain on user's machines.
>
> And you will provide wheels for armv6, S/390 etc.?
>
> Ciao, Michael.

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing.