lcs Mixmaster Remailer writes:
 > Lucky Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
 >
 > > Over the years, using Wei Dai's term Pipenet (or Pipe-net, as it was spelled
 > > originally) has firmly been established as denotating an anonymous IP
 > > network that uses constant or otherwise data independent "pipes" between the
 > > nodes of the network. Since Freedom uses link padding, I would consider
 > > Freedom a Pipenet.
 > >
 > > It has been the recognition that data-independent traffic flows are a
 > > necessary design component of a secure anonymous IP network, especially
 > > between the end-user and the first network node, that sets Pipenet designs
 > > apart from naive implementations such as the first generation Onion Routers
 > > and Crowds.
 >
 > This documentation would apparently be consistent with the use of link
 > padding between the nodes of the network but not between the user's
 > machine and the node where it enters the network.  As Lucky points
 > out, padding from the end-user to the first network node is important.
 > We need a clear description of the Freedom architecture which answers
 > this question.

I utterly fail to see what's wrong with mixmaster, other than the fact
that the sole implementation is no longer supported.  The concept
seems fine, it's just the implementation that's lacking.  If I had
anything resembling copious spare time, I'd take it over, and write a
Windows version as well.

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://russnelson.com