On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 07:20:13AM -0000, lcs Mixmaster Remailer wrote:
| > Over the years, using Wei Dai's term Pipenet (or Pipe-net, as it was spelled
| > originally) has firmly been established as denotating an anonymous IP
| > network that uses constant or otherwise data independent "pipes" between the
| > nodes of the network. Since Freedom uses link padding, I would consider
| > Freedom a Pipenet.
| >
| > It has been the recognition that data-independent traffic flows are a
| > necessary design component of a secure anonymous IP network, especially
| > between the end-user and the first network node, that sets Pipenet designs
| > apart from naive implementations such as the first generation Onion Routers
| > and Crowds.
|
| Does Freedom do this?  The white paper at
| http://www.zeroknowledge.com/products/Freedom_Architecture.html describes
| padding between AIP (Anonymous Internet Proxy) nodes:

The traffic shaping code has issues, in V1 it will be turned off.
Incidentally, the whitepaper you're looking at is close to retirement,
a newer, more accurate one will be out shortly.  In addition, we'll be
releasing our security analysis, which includes all of this, at about
the same time.

Adam

--
Resistance is futile!                       http://jobs.zeroknowledge.com