This is going to be fascinating.  It has CSS written all over it.
I wonder if they'll learn the lesson of CSS and do decent crypto,
rather than resist the temptation to do yet another half-baked
LFSR?  If they release the cipher, I certainly look forward to
reviewing the design.

I am also forced to note that this won't stop physical duplication,
eg. by photographing the screen.  Anyone familiar with real-world
piracy will know that many (if not most) bootleg video tapes and
Video-CD's of recently released movies are produced by video taping
a screen.  This won't affect that, and the market for those
piracies seems insensitive to the quality loss.

                                                Ian.

Disclaimer: personal opinion only.

--
Ian Farquhar