At 10:23 AM 02/18/2000 +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
>A problem with continued development of Lucre is that various solutions
>to the coin marking problem have been proposed, and various opinions as
>to the likely patent-infringment-ness have been given, leaving me no
>clearer as to what the best way to proceed is.

I'd always assumed that the patent status was
        "Deliberately flaunting"
and the author's pseudonymity was partly for that reason and
perhaps partly because the author had worked for Digicash
during the period when almost all digicash-connected cypherpunks
were doing so :-)

                                Thanks!
                                        Bill
Bill Stewart, [EMAIL PROTECTED]