Hi,

Does anyone know the size of the internal state for the random number
generator in Java's keytool?  A pointer to appropriate Java docs would
be sufficient.

(This seems to be pretty critical info for deciding how reliable the
keys are - the default random number generator in Java does not have
much state and to get sufficient state by seeding multiple instances
using Java's thread race mechanism - even if that is reliable - takes
longer in  my own Java code than the time keytool takes to generate new
keys!)

I've looked through all the docs I can find, and also checked this
list's archives (I could only search titles (subjects) for keytool, and
only did the last 6 months, so if it's under a different title or
earlier, could you give me the title and/or date?).  I've also posted a
question on the Sun Java discussion foums, but had no reply.

Thanks,
Andrew