On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 11:31:36PM -0700, Ian Clarke spake thusly:
> I have never ever characterized Freenet as being anything other than in
> development.  If you don't like the fact that Freenet is taking so-long
> to perfect, then either help, or use Earth Station 5 - I hear its great.

You never said anything to this effect when people started putting things
in the network that could get them sent to prison so it was rather
implicit.

And now after finding that fred is unable to open /dev/random on my system
due to what appears to be a bug (opening for write instead of read) I am
now worried about the security of the encryption due to lack of entropy.
I'm glad I don't use freenet for anything illegal/unpopular but I'm quite
worried for those who do.

On IIRC a new channel #fredisdead has been receiving quite a bit of interest (along with discussions on #anonymous and #freenet). It appears that a small group of developers, fed up with the recent spate of Freent problems has decided to take a step back, to release 692 and have started a revolt.

http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~mids/freenet/fid.html

steve