On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:33:43 +0200, Hadmut Danisch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I need to solve a dispute. Someone claims, that 'principal' is an
> established 'concept' introduced by Roger Needhams, but could not give
> any citation. Someone else confirms this and claims, that 'principal'
> is indeed a 'well-introduced' concept, but also can't cite any source
> or give any definition.

There were a number of things that Roger deserves at least some credit for
that he never claimed (such as one-way hashing of passwords), at least in
part because they were developed at the Eagle Pub.  Whether it was modesty
on his part, the fact that these things were group efforts, or the fine
IPA they serve there I don't know...