-----Original Message-----
     From: Saqib Ali [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
     Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 08:16

     Hello Alexander,

     > My guess is that slow compilation is a result of access time
     > misconfiguration: if a filesystem has access time
     enabled, then each
     > time a file is read, the file system updates access time
     on disk. A
     > solution is to set noatime option on the filesystem used for
     > compilation.

     This is a good info. Do you how this can be done on windows?

It is on page 43 and 44 of a class I did at the last CyberCrime Summit:
http://davekleiman.com/Files/HTCIACyberCrimeSummit_For_CD.zip
Additionally, I talk about using Log Parser to retrieve information from the
filesystem and log files without causing access updates