[Moderator's note: top posting is not tasteful. --Perry]

I think it depends on what you mean by "N pools of entropy".

Are you assuming that one of these is sources is (pseudo)random, but you don't know which one? Are you assuming independence of these difference sources? If both these assumptions hold, then XOR will do the trick.

If your only assumption is that one of the sources has high min-entropy (but may not necessarily be uniform), or if the independence assumption does not hold, then you may need to use some form of randomness extraction.