On Monday,2009-08-10, at 13:47 , Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:

This conversation has bifurcated,

Oh, and while I don't mind if people want to talk about this on the tahoe-dev list, it doesn't have that much to do with tahoe-lafs anymore, now that we're done comparing Tahoe-LAFS to Cleversafe and are just arguing about the cryptographic design of Cleversafe. ;-) So, it seems quite topical for the cryptography list and only tangentially topical for the tahoe-dev list. I've also been enjoying the subthread about the physical limits of computation that have spawned off on the cryptography mailing list. Ooh, were you guys considering only classical computers and not quantum computers when you estimated that either 2^128, 2^200 or 2^400 was the physical limit of possible computation? :-)

Regards,

Zooko