And further, you should have a client app on your computer for dealing with
shared secrets, which is only capable of attempting a visa payment with an
entity trusted by Visa.

On 2011-09-24 4:06 AM, John Levine wrote:
I don't see how to do that in a useful way without non-programmable
hardware.  We've seen PC-based malware do pretty much any MITM attack
you can imagine.

Most computers are not controlled by malware, and the malware argument is as much an argument against existing ssl/https/pki as it is against any alternative to ssl/https/pki