On 2/12/11 03:26 AM, Rose, Greg wrote:
On 2011 Nov 30, at 22:28 , Jon Callas wrote:

On Nov 30, 2011, at 9:32 PM, Rose, Greg wrote:

I run a wonderful Firefox extension called Certificate Patrol. It keeps a local
cache of certificates, and warns you if a certificate, CA, or public key
changes unexpectedly. Sort of like SSH meets TLS. As soon as I went to my
stockbroker's web site, the warnings started to appear. Then it was just
checking IP addresses and stuff.
And I presume you didn't save the cert.

Of course, we just need to have people look for these and then save them.
Yes. I regret that I had much bigger issues at the time than saving the cert.

I'm just poking around, it seems that Certificate Patrol should keep the cert.

In Firefox

Tools / Add-ons / Certificate Patrol / Preferences / View Certificates / getting tired now / Certificate Patrol, maybe click around here coz it didn't show the certs first time / turn off Group by Root Key / click on Stored Since to order, maybe twice / check the date in the hotel / ... time for a stiff drink / click on the cert / View / Details / Export / :-o

It does store certs. It just takes above & beyond to get at them. Unknown whether it stores certs that you reject.

iang, now about that drink...