Actually, you're both wrong. Politics is a coping strategy we inherited from
our social ancestors, nothing scientific or intelligent about it - it's an
emotional behavior.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_rn=7&gs_ri=psy-ab&cp=13&gs_id=1g&xhr=t&q=chimpanzee+politics&es_nrs=true&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=chimpanzee+po&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44158598,d.b2I&fp=14b8b13aa4492d2c&biw=1751&bih=873

---- Moritz <mor...@headstrong.de> wrote:
> Can we slowly move back to crypto on this list, and discuss politics and
> cypherpunk or whatever definitions on the new one?
>
> On 26.03.2013 06:19, James A. Donald wrote:
> > Politics is collective decision making.  Cypherpunk is opposed to
> > collective decision making.
>
> Definition of POLITICS [Merriam-Webster]
> 1
> a : the art or science of government
> b : the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing
> governmental policy
> c : the art or science concerned with winning and holding control over a
> government
>
> 2 : political actions, practices, or policies
> 3
> a : political affairs or business; especially : competition between
> competing interest groups or individuals for power and leadership (as in
> a government)
> b : political life especially as a principal activity or profession
> c : political activities characterized by artful and often dishonest
> practices
>
> 4 : the political opinions or sympathies of a person
> 5
> a : the total complex of relations between people living in society
> b : relations or conduct in a particular area of experience especially
> as seen or dealt with from a political point of view

 -- -- -- --
Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus

jamescho...@austin.rr.com
jcho...@confusionresearchcenter.org