You don't need to ask permission to create a forum.  Just do it.  If
enough people sign up, create accounts and move their discussions from
here to there then you'll have your answer.  Asking for a "show of
hands" is probably the least scientific way of answering this
question. Far better to test the theory. Just keep this list the way
it is.  People will vote with their feet.  I for one won't be joining
you, but I won't stop you.
--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/         Twitter: @synfinatic