On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 8:08:09 PM UTC-4, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

> > g++ -DNDEBUG -g2 -O2 -fPIC -pipe -c pkcspad.cpp
>> > cryptlib.cpp:51:95: error: init_priority attribute is not supported on
>> this
>> > platform
>> >  const std::string DEFAULT_CHANNEL __attribute__ ((init_priority
>> > (CRYPTOPP_INIT_PRIORITY + 25))) = "";
>> >
>> > ^
>> > cryptlib.cpp:52:91: error: init_priority attribute is not supported on
>> this
>> > platform
>> >  const std::string AAD_CHANNEL __attribute__ ((init_priority
>> > (CRYPTOPP_INIT_PRIORITY + 26))) = "AAD";
>> >
>> > ^
>> > cryptlib.cpp:76:120: error: init_priority attribute is not supported on
>> this
>> > platform
>> >  const simple_ptr<NullNameValuePairs> s_pNullNameValuePairs
>> __attribute__
>> > ((init_priority (CRYPTOPP_INIT_PRIORITY + 30))) = new
>> NullNameValuePairs;
>>

> Arg... I am duplicating this since we moved config.recommend to config.h.
>
> We are now tracking this at Solaris GCC and "error: constructor
> priorities are not supported",
> https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/issues/289.
>
> I don't have access to a Red Hat machine, and Fedora does not witness the
> issue. Can anyone provide a patch for Red Hat or remote access for me to
> develop one?

Fixed for Solaris at
http://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/commit/923efa865b5b1161fb1a4a429b9e57125692f873

. I'd still like to get Red Hat fixed.

Note that it looks like Solaris 12's linker may support the feature:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/527320/ . We may have to revisit things
in the future.

Jeff