On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 10:13:48 AM UTC-5, Nero wrote:

> All what I want to do is to run the [CCM example file ](
> https://www.cryptopp.com/w/images/9/98/CCM-AE-Test.zip) which was
> provided [here ](https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/CCM_Mode).

Oh wow, that sample is old. It is from 2008 or so.

> So I opened the project and added the path to V++ directories (image 11111)
>
> I also added the path (image 22222)
>
> when building the project I get the following  error :
>
> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'cryptlibd.lib'

Yeah, fix this. The cryptlibd.lib (note the addition of the 'd') is from
https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/16388/Compiling-and-Integrating-Crypto-into-the-Microsof

. It was using debug/release naming, but it is in the context of the Code
Project article.

> can you kindly tell me how to resolve this ? and why its asking for
> cryptlibd instead on cryptlib ?

Change the name from cryptlibd.lib to cryptlib.lib.

Add header and linker paths as you would normally do under the IDE. Also
see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee855621.aspx and
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/024awkd1.aspx.

Also, don't use the DLL. It is a FIPS DLL. Also see
https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/FIPS_DLL .

Jeff