On Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 6:40:54 PM UTC-4, Weikeng Chen wrote:

> Is that possible that MediaWiki 1.31 requires PHP7, but the host is not
> PHP7?
> See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.31

Thanks Weikeng. We are at PHP 7.1.8:

    $ php --version
    PHP 7.1.8 (cli) (built: Aug  9 2017 13:20:06) ( NTS )
    Copyright (c) 1997-2017 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v3.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2017 Zend Technologies

We had to install PHP through SCL
(https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/SCL) because the
native PHP is so old it could not handle MediaWiki 1.24 or 1.26 (if I
recall correctly).

Here's a MediaWiki ticket on the issue:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T197518 . Note that I removed cache/,
vendors/, maintenance/, etc before unpacking the 1.31 tarball so I am not
sure where the old gear is coming from.

(I cringe when I have to work with Linux's LAMP stack. It is so fragile it
breaks when the wind blows in the wrong direction).

Jeff