As your fighters are human, you might like to take a look at and improve
upon sueastsides MakeHuman exporter:
http://www.crystalspace3d.org/blog/sueastside/2009/12/21/makehuman2animesh
As far as I can see, in its current state it only exports model
information, not textures, skeletons or animations, but it's a start.

Also I've been looking at your website and found neither a call for artists
nor instructions on how to create assets for your game (admittedly, I
didn't take a hard look, but most potential artists probably wouldn't do
that either before deciding to move on), so lowering the entry bar on that
may help.

And finally there is http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/ where you can
look for both volunteer and paid work.