 From: Jorrit Tyberghein <jorrit.tybergh...@gmail.com>
To: Jim Sager <james_sag...@yahoo.com>; CS developers and users list
<crystal-main@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Friday, May 3, 2013 8:22 AM
Subject: Re: [CsMain] (CrystalFighter) Could use some advice on my game from
the community.

What maybe might be a better use of my time could be:
>I could make a Crystal Space 3d map editor where you can be inside the map
>while positioning objects, or raising/lowering the terrain.  Then I could deal
>with stick figure art, but have an open world to explore.

I can't help much on the art questions but getting a solid base working first
is always a better way to possibly
attract artists.

About the editor. Isn't this what Ares is about? Or even cseditor. I would not
try to reinvent the wheel since
we have now at least two active CS editors already. Ares is of course a bit
special as it requires CEL and is
tied to a specific format but CSeditor should be usable and extensible.

Greetings,
--
Project Manager of Crystal Space (http://www.crystalspace3d.org)
and CEL (http://cel.crystalspace3d.org)