I've never had this problem since I've always used my own self-made collection.
Just create your own collection and add maps to that.

Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 21:16:11 -0800
From: savsi...@gmail.com
To: csgo_servers@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [Csgo_servers] Workshop Collection

Anyone else notice an issue with 'editing' a collection?
I created a collection with the basic SE maps to test a mod of mine.. I then
edited that collection adding in more maps. Once i hit save and continue I
clicked "I'm Done Editing" and restarted my server... The new maps wouldn't
download... I deleted my /maps/workshop folder and started the server again.
This time it only downloaded the original maps from the collection before i
edited it. I deleted that collection and created a new one with ALL the maps i
wanted and changed the host_workshop_collection parameter on my cmdline and it
downloaded all the maps in that collection...

Is that a known issue that you can't edit an existing collection and it update
to the server?
--
Sincerely, David Fountain