If they had to reply to each guy(girl) that comes on the list, they would
not have the time to fix stuff. If your a long time regular on the
mailinglist, you know that response comes with "bursts" sometimes they are
on top of it, and sometimes they are not. Also when people send a mail like
you just did the chances of getting a realistic response usually drops to
zero. (From both the list and valve)