On 3/24/2014 2:47 PM, L33TGaming wrote:
Ah...please don't take me as a ranter.

Ok, first off, I'm not making any conclusions that Linux is slower than
Windows. The point I was stressing and ICS mentioned was "*the Linux GLIBC
is slower compared to the Windows respective binaries*".

There's nothing us Linux server owners can do but eat up the cost of a
Windows server whilst Valve does nothing for the past half year.

Have you tried reverting the glibc binary to the pre-November version? Some of our customers have reported an improvement in performance by doing this. Not an improvement to the level of what they can get on Windows, but better than the default.

-John