Just imagine... a week ago:

"Hey guys, Vitaliy here. We're adding a cvar that allows you to drop your
knife. If you guys are using the swap/take knife plugin, you need to
disable it or that will cause your server to get banned, please use the new
cvar instead. Thanks!"

In reality: Servers blacklisted first, then "Oh here's a cvar, RIP to your
GSLT accounts"

This has got to be a joke. And of course no one from Valve is responding to
any of these emails. The lack of communication is such a joke.

"Valve, pls fix"