In my opinion the current csgo network system is broken, since years and valve (csgo devs) dont want to fix it soon.

The best showcase how bad the current implementation is, is to play locally againts bots. In this case no hit should be lost by packet drops or latency, but in so many cases bots never die or getting hits. Both can stay without movement and many many shots are not registered or ending in nowhere.

Another big issue is the current match making system. The player can select a max ping, but in most cases the opponents have much higher pings (select 50ms and get most of time 100-200ms). Its not very complicated to fix it, but valve does nothing in this subject. Also players with low pings on match start getting no penalty, if they play 90% of the match with higher pings (max ping + 50%), because of network issues or lagswitch ...

The cs 1.6 network code was not the best, but much better than the current csgo implementation. In most cases was the player with lower ping advantaged, but now the player with the worst ping has the best chance to hit the opponent.

In my opinion this are the most important issues currently

- max ping setting: is currently without function. would fix the most issues, when all players have a relative same latency

- hit registration: is currently broken (my own opinion). when i can't hit bots which are standing still with same accuracy over and over again and ends more and more in a lottery, how should it work properly online against real players, when it doesn't work without latency or other influences.

- updaterate: 64 tickrate is not very well for a game like csgo, perhaps when the network code would be better, but in the history of cs we have seen, that higher updaterate makes a better feeling

Valve please does something, but not another case or skin, before fixing real issues and hit registration is only one of the most important ones.