On 3/23/2017 1:34 PM, Mathias wrote:
My server's getting flood with VSE DDoS Attack. My server have DDoS Protection but it wont take it. any other DDoS Attack does it takes so what can i do? i'm on Linux Ubuntu 16.04.

Here is server logs - http://pastebin.com/Q2dbcEMt

I also got how the script works (VSE DDoS Attack) - Found on a forum via Google

Any idea to stop it with Iptables? Packet limit?

The term "VSE" ("Valve Source Exploit") that the attackers like to use is a misnomer because there isn't an exploit involved. These attacks just flood a server with spoofed queries and/or connection attempts from random sources, and Source can't handle the volume.

Currently the most effective general-purpose way to deal with these is to whitelist real player IPs and rate-limit queries and connection attempts from all other sources (down to around 1000/s). This can be done with iptables using a combination of the ipset, hashlimit, and bpf/u32/string modules.

Ideally, the game would be redesigned to using TCP for queries and the very first part of the connection, offloading the first-contact tasks to the OS, which has established methods for combating high-rate spoofed TCP SYN floods. Internally, it could then straight drop all UDP packets that don't correspond to a currently connected player.

-John