Hello jython users,

I want to suggest a new project, but need your help.
There is an open source python written serverless instant messenger out (based
on a kademlia DHT lookup for buddies):

http://cspace.in

Version 1.26 (though the icons in version 1.24 are better).
As well a linux porting exists.
http://www.aabdalla.com/releases/

I want to initiate a project to port the python messenger to java using jython.
But I cannot do it alone. We could register a sf.net project for "cspace-java".
Is jython ready to just compile it and get a jar out and a source-file out?
Can someone send this through jython or help?

The server is serverless and this means independence from any central instance.
It uses to identify the buddy a RSA-Key and a CSpace-ID from the
developer-server. In the long run, only the RSA-Key should be used.
Unfortunatly you cannot a) create an RSA-key without that central server and b)
you cannot launch the application without the Cspace-ID.

Anyway, we can use it with the tachyon server for creation, but communication
and buddy-lookup is decentral and encrypted like skype as well.

But what we need is a java version. Maybe the cspace developers did not played
around with jython either, and instead of coding windows and Linux or MacOSX
port, we can switch to interoperable java.

But as there are less resources, I want to ask the mailinglist of jython to fix
the current status of the application over jython to java please.

The serverless Messenger in java could be easily built in into many
applications, which need an instant messenger:

- yacy.net - serverless p2p webindex search engine in java
- sf.net/projects/antsp2p - already a jeti-jabber buddylist integrated for
bootstrapping, but it is central.
- limewire.com of course
- azureus.sf.net of course
- wikisari, the google pendant, still under development
http://lists.wikia.com/pipermail/search-l/2006-December/000004.html

Does anyone agree on that potentials?
kind regards
tom