Source file is here:

http://james.globalhavens.com/css-discuss/webtop/2col-scroll.html

I've been fighting with this two col layout for a
while now - left col static width, right col flexible
- and I've finally got it working in Firefox.  As
you'll see, it's not ready in IE.  Even though the
main parent div on the right side is lining up
properly, the bulk of the content is insisting on
breaking after the lower edge of the left div.
Getting rid of the three "width: 100%" occurences
seems to fix that problem, but creates a host of other
ones.  Does anyone have any ideas?

As well, you can see the scrolling table on the right.
 I've ended up going with the three table and
scrolling div solution, becuase I just couldn't get
TBODY scrolling working in IE, even with that
excellent demo.    Now I've got Firefox and IE making
different choices about where the scroll bar goes on
that div - Firefox put it inside and bumps the content
(which I had aligned with a <colgroup>), and IE hangs
the scroll off the right, leaving the content alone,
but disrupting the layout. Any tips on making it
uniform?

Thanks for the help anyone can offer.

James