Hi,
I am attempting to make two black stripes down the height of the body
of a page. I have set one as a background image, which is properly
spanning the height of the page, even when scrolling. I have been
trying to set the other stripe by adding a border-right to the body
and defining its width. It works fine, however, in FireFox, once the
page scrolls, the border line is cut off at 100% of the initial screen
display and does not scroll past that point. I'm using CSS in XHTML
1.0 transitional. Here's a code snippet of the CSS:

html {height: 100%;}
body {height: 100%; width: 769px; background: url(borderBG.gif)
repeat-y 150px; border-right: solid #000000 1px;}

Any thoughts on a better way to accomplish this without simply making
the two stripes as one background image...?

Thank you in advance,

Alexander Khost
http://www.deliciousdemon.com
201-709-1470
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
______________________________________________________________________
css-discuss [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.css-discuss.org/mailman/listinfo/css-d
List wiki/FAQ -- http://css-discuss.incutio.com/
Supported by evolt.org -- http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

Reply via email to