That is my feeling. I hope that IE7 does fix a lot of things like
Min-height, etc. That said, however, how many websites will end up being
"broke" because they removed a simple hack which allows those pages to be
compliant.

A more appropriate question would be why IE7 could not act like Fire Fox and
simply ignore that code while allowing older browsers to use that code. That
way everything still works and you progress forward.

Paul Seale