I have a 2-part question regarding the order of divs in an HTML page.
(Please note that the pages I design are only for my company's
customers, which I happen to know will be using IE.) 
 
1. For a tableless CSS layout, I read that for search engines (SEO),
links should be at the top of the HTML. However I've also read that for
accessibility purposes, the content is more important than the links, so
the content div should come first. Which should come first in the HTML:
the links/navigational div or the content div? 
 
2. Secondly, assuming that content should come before the navigation,
I'm having trouble ordering the divs on the HTML page. I'm working on a
very simple page  that uses divs for layout, and so far, the page looks
fine as long as the divs follow this order: left, right, middle. (Middle
is the content div.) However, if I rearrange the HTML so that the Middle
div comes before the left and the right divs, the left and right divs
fall below the middle div and no longer appear on each side of the
middle div. 
 
I tried setting the width of the middle div and adding a z-index, but
this didn't help. Assuming that the answer to my first question above is
yes, the content should come before the navigation in the HTML, what CSS
needs to be added in order to allow the middle div to be listed before
the left and right divs in the HTML page? 
 
Test HTML page with divs ordered Left, Right, Middle:
http://kfinleyson.net/test1.htm
 
Test HTML page with divs ordered Middle, Left, and Right:
http://kfinleyson.net/test2.htm 
 
Test Stylesheet (with divs only):
http://www.kfinleyson.net/css/teststyles.css
 
Thanks!   
 
______________________________________________________________________
css-discuss [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.css-discuss.org/mailman/listinfo/css-d
List wiki/FAQ -- http://css-discuss.incutio.com/
Supported by evolt.org -- http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

Reply via email to