Charles Dort wrote:
> I still see those differences with yours, the drop-cap in FF being
> noticeably lower than in IE6, but if I'm understanding you correctly,
>  there was an even bigger difference before in Opera and Safari, and
> this "tuning" makes them closer to FF and IE.  Is that right?

That's right.

I usually go more for 'look and feel' than 'pixel-perfection', the
"tuning" is a bit 'middle of the road'. I'm simply more interested in
getting the best result in each browser than to make it identical across
browser-land.
Also, I want FF, and IE, to get closer to Opera and Safari - not the
other way around. That's because FF is a bit weaker on that particular
styling than Op/Saf at the moment.

You'll have to "fine-tune" your own drop-caps to the degree of
"pixel-perfection" you like. I can only provide a bit of info about the
factors/properties involved.
Had a round on the subject with Philippe W. on this subject last spring
(see date on page), when he brought it up. We ended up with slightly
different solutions at both ends (as usual :-) ), but also better
control. Now it's your turn, and it looks like you're closer already...

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no