I've been ripping my hair out over this for two days straight now,
please help, I need to eat soon.

Maybe I'm using floats incorrectly, I'm not sure.

I'm laying out this site with a friend, it's my first collaborative
project, and it's still in the early stages, I apologize for the messy
css, my problem is here:
http://www.mentallyregarded.com/discussion.php  Be careful, there's some
random (albeit harmless) profanity in there.
The floats!!!!
I'm floating the buttons to the right, but IE and Firefox want to throw
in a line break before them each time, is this behavior correct?  Opera
displays it without the line break.  I also tried floating the "last
post" information (.subtitle) and had the same preblem, it doesn't seem
right, I've tried a million different ways to coax firefox into
displaying this correctly, to no avail.  Am I wrong?  Can I not use
floats this way?

Thanks for the help

ec