@Christian: * html #selector { } is NOT seen by IE7. However, they
haven't got all the bugs out, so conditional comments are going to be
necessary - I'm still seeing whitespace between <li> items, which I
had been fixing with a * html li { height: 1%; }...now that doesn't
work.

@Felix: downloading the Beta 1 doesn't do much good, as the CSS fixes
weren't in that release...I think it had png transparency, but all our
favorite rendering glitches were still there.

Install IE7, and install the standalone IE6 to go alongside it. I have
that setup at work now, and it's working pretty well. Of course, I got
the Eolas version of IE6, so I keep hitting annoying popup windows
with OK boxes on every other page. Man, I hope that lawsuit is dead.