Hi all,

I've gotten pretty far with getting photo/caption boxes to work at

<http://www.vivagallery.org/exhibits/CAA_2006JuriedOpen/index.html>

The only thing I can't figure out is how to align the boxes
vertically so that they align along their bottoms, not the top.
Because they are different heights (same widths) the flow is really
odd when you resize the browser window wide.

  I read somewhere to use display: tablecell and then vertical align
bottom will work. But they remain flush to the tops.

The photoboxes are floated left (or they stack above each other), but
I'm open to other ideas.

relative css is:

/* *** styling for photoboxes *** */
div.photobox {
        float: left;
        margin: 0 10px 10px 0px;
        background-color: #FFFFFF;
        width: 240px;
        height: auto;
        border: 1px solid silver;
        text-align: center;
        padding-bottom: 6px;
        display: table-cell;
        vertical-align: bottom;
  }
div.photobox img {
        border: 1px solid #577199;
        display: block;
        margin-left: auto;
        margin-right: auto;
        margin-top: 0px;
        margin-bottom: 4px;
}

full CSS is at
<http://www.vivagallery.org/styles/viva3.css>

thanks for any help,

Trish

PS. I hope by making a new message (rather than hitting reply and
changing the subject line) I am start a new thread? (I read/reply to
the list using Eudora mail software.) It seems before that my
questions were appearing in the middle of other threads. Sorry about
that.

--

Trish Meyer, Webmaster