Hello, I am currently working on a layout for a friend, which can be
found at http://www.exillon.com/test/ and the css is
http://www.exillon.com/test/main.css
Rather than making the stretched/melted part of the background one huge
image, I made a basic tiled version  for the straight lines and an
postion: absolute floating box with the stretched/melted graphic over it.
Now in Firefox, the image looks fine. In IE6 for PC, though, the colours
are showing up for some reason darker. The tiled version is a .gif and
the floating image version is a .png. Would that be the cause for such?
I've never seen an image rendered darker in one browser compared to
another only due to it being a .png file. The only problems I recall
that IE has with .pngs is transparency issues, which this does not have.
Also, would anyone be able to suggest how to best stretch a div, or any
element,  the entire width of a page and be elastic? I noticed that if I
shrink my window enough to show a horizontal scroll due to my temp
stretched/melted background images size, the header and the footer both
cut short of it. Is there a way to make this elastic as well?
One last request, if possible, would be if anyone would know how to best
make a col stretch an entire page vertically but also have a footer
remain beneath it, like mine has.
Please keep in mind that the layout is not complete. So if you want to
make any critiques, at the moment I am merely tackling the layout.
Thank you,
D.

PS. Sorry for not getting a chance to research too much of this on my
own at the moment, I am tied up at work and I am not able to get to a PC.