Marc Funaro wrote:
>> [2]http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_1_06_03.xhtml
>
> Having read this, I think it might be wise for me to declare my
> document as simply HTML.  I ignorantly used XHTML only because that's
>  what was output originally by Photoshop on my very first foray into
> an all-CSS layout.

> ... but I'm not sure what I should put in place of my XHTML
> declaration...

I would suggest...
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>
...if it's gonna end up as 'tag-soup' anyway :-)

If you can manage to get some kind of "control" over those CMS users,
then a complete 'HTML 4.01 Strict' would be the right choice.

More info...
<http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html>
<http://gutfeldt.ch/matthias/articles/doctypeswitch/table.html>

regards