I was wondering...I've been Googling for the answer to this, and I can't
seem to find it.  Basically, here's the problem:

I have a #wrapper container that's 700px wide and centered with margin:0
auto.  I want a sidebar that is "position:fixed" and flush left and top
to the container - not the browser window.  Amazingly, I've actually
gotten this under control in IE, and, of course, works fine in Mozilla
(had to add "margin: 0 auto" to the #sidebar  to get it in there, but it
worked for some reason!).  However, in Opera , it *literally* centers
the #sidebar in the browser window.

My #wrapper container centers itself just fine (I also have it
relatively positioned for IE purposes to emulate the fixed positioning),
but I cannot seem to get Opera to set the #sidebar to the left of the
#wrapper and not the browser window.

Is this a bug?  Or am I missing something completely?  Would anyone know
how I could get that #sidebar to flush left of the #wrapper and not the
browser window itself?  I'd really appreciate any advice :)

Oh, and if it helps...

#wrapper {
                position:relative;
                width:700px;
                height:18em;
                margin:10px auto;
                border:1px solid #000;
                background-color:#EEE;
                color:#000;}

#sidebar {
                width:100px;
                height:18em;
                background-color:#CCC;
                color:#FFF;
                position:fixed;
                margin:0 auto; /* this, for some reason, makes Firefox
position it where I want to.  If I take it out, then the sidebar does
the same thing Opera does.  If a leave it in, Opera centers the sidebar
in the browser window, overlapping the #wrapper div*/}

Thanks!

~Shelly