From: "Doug Niven" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I admit I'm no CSS wizard but I'm very perplexed why some very basic
> CSS to
> style my links is not working:
>
> http://www.douglasniven.com/books.php
>
> I have the following embedded directly onto the page above:

> a:link {color: red}     /* unvisited link */
> a:visited {color: blue}  /* visited link */
> a:hover {color: green}   /* mouse over link */
> a:active {color: yellow}   /* selected link */
> --></style>

Your page is in pretty bad shape. You need a DOCTYPE and you need to
get rid of the proprietary Adobe tags. For your links, they should
work if you remove your <font> tags.

--
Al Sparber
PVII

"Designing with CSS is sometimes like barreling down a crumbling
mountain road at 90 miles per hour secure in the knowledge that
repairs are scheduled for next Tuesday".