Marlene T. Yogerst wrote:
> I'm having a brain drain and need some help.  I have a div
> that I want
> to have automatically resize itself down the page as content
> is added to it.  I want to be able to continue to add
> paragraphs or images in the
> div and in doing so, have the content move down the page as
> needed.  I tried adding height: 100%; but that didn't work.  I
> am obviously doing something wrong, but I can't figure out
> what it is.  Here is the div so far;
>
> .main_content {
>    background-color:#ffffff;
>    border: none;
>    position: absolute;

[snip]

Without adding height at all, the div should automagically
stretch to contain its content.
However, seeing as you are using position:absolute, I'm guessing
you gave other elements in the page position:absolute as well, so
that the stretched content div is probably being covered by for
example the footer.

If that is the case, the solution lies in not using
position:absolute for some or all of the elements in the page.

Impossible to tell without seeing the whole page though.
What is the url?

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/